Skip to main content

Review ~ Six of Crows

23437156
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Pages: 465 
Published Date: September 29th, 2015
Genre: YA Fantasy, Magic
Series: Yes, Six of Crows duology


Ketterdam is a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price. Kaz is offered an impossible heist, Will you do anything for the amount of money that is being provided to you? Will the heist be achievable? Can Kaz Brekker and his crew of 5 other people really make it through this time? Kaz's crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction - if they don't end up killing each other.

***
Clearly, I am late to this as well but HOLY CRAP was this book good. I think it totally deserves all the stars in the world.

The story-world is something I have never seen before. The complexity of each of the places that were described, especially the heist's location was given with a lot of clarity. I usually end up not liking multiple points of views, but I genuinely loved the fact that this book had 5 POVs and depicted it beautifully.

The characters - Kaz I found to be like a lot of the YA depicts - unstoppable/amazing. But the one thing I really liked about him was that he was not perfect like most of the other characters are in usual YA literature. His voice is not like honey drippings or such, it shows how a person can be perfectly normal by being different in many senses. Jesper is in a way the comic relief with Wylan which I think was necessary in a lot of the parts and it was getting too dark for my liking.
Image result for happy gifs
Inej - I just really hope she ends up with Kaz. I mean, they clearly have a connection. MATTHIAS AND NINA - I felt like Bardugo was being such a tease with their story and not giving off much and concealing so much more that it drove me nuts! I need them together!!!

Image result for happy gifsThe only problem I had with this novel (and I think it was my own fault) is that I wished that Bardugo spoke more about the Grisha folk. Things like how they came to be is not clear in this novel - at all. Again I think that is my fault because I have not read the Grisha Trilogy.

I am super excited for the next book, I wonder what Leigh will do with the next one, here's to hoping it will be absolutely stunning!


Overall, this book is just epic. Like I literally have no words for this novel. 
I have died. Not very peacefully, I might add.

Xoxo, Ansu.


Comments