Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ Unravel Me

13104080
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 461
Published Date: February 5th, 2013
Genre: Romance and Dystopian
Series: Yes, Book 2
Price: $12.50 CAD

Juliette has finally escaped from the hands of Warner and ran off with Adam and Kenji to the Omega Point. She is still obviously scared of her powers but she still wants to fight back against the Reestablishment. She can't seem to get rid of Warner from her life as it is obvious that he is going to try and find her. She has to make a lot of decisions which will in turn effect hers and Adam's life. 

This is an absolutely thrilling novel and i haven't read one like it in so many months! I am so glad I decided to do this to my heart. Juliette does still feel slightly week but she tries to power through it towards the end which is really refreshing. There are so many surprises in this book which made me really shocked. 

I would really suggest you read the novella Destroy Me before you get to this book, the reason being you will be able to appreciate Warner and his life and if you just jump into this one you might not feel the same way. You could also be really confused as to what happens in certain scenes as well. 

*spoilers*
Let's talk about Adam! He just seems so moody in this novel and I was highly disappointed in it. I mean I get why he is down, he figures out that he is not completely immune to Juliette and she obviously is scared for his well-being that she breaks up with him. This is supposed to be super heart breaking scene but I don't know Adam doesn't seem to get the hint that it is over.

After going into war with the Reestablishment, we see that Juliette almost kills Anderson because she feels bad for Warner and I died at this point because my baby Warner was so badly hurt throughout his entire life - Anderson gets shot in both the legs and I was laughing hysterically at this because he called his son for being weak and just outdone by a mere girl.

Kenji decides to stop the murder and takes Warner with them to Omega Point to keep him hostage in hopes that his father will come back fro him and they could get their fellow friends who Anderson took as hostages back! Right before they leave is when Adam figures out that Anderson is his father too - meaning Warner, James and Adam are siblings! *dead*

The fight between Adam and Warner which Kenji and Juliette interrupts, leading Kenji to almost die? Do you realize that Kenji was my favorite character in the series? Do you realize my pain?

The scenes she has with Warner, hot damn. I honestly felt slightly uncomfortable at first because Juliette still didn't say anything to Adam when he said that he would do something to fix his problem with touching her. But that scene of Warner and Juliette together is just flipping awesome!

FINALLY, the 'second' war, I thought James died. Do you know how many hours I cried my little heart out? And Juliette is shot dead! Excuse me? She is saved but she was SHOT in front of Warner by Anderson to be taught a lesson. 
I can safely say he is worse than Voldemort. I hate Anderson with my whole life.

*end of spoilers*
What am I to do with my life now? Send help?!
The writing  style was still awesome with the poem-like feeling of it. 
The characters did develop a little I just wish Juliette got developed a little more.  She is a bad-ass and he superpower is a mixture of Hulk (with breaking through things really quickly) and Rogue (with the lethal touch). I have never seen anything like that in any of the novels I have read so far.

I already have a new ship which is sailing (hopefully in the future, because - such chemistry).
I already sold my heart out to Warner because why not guys? 

Overall, such a great and fast read! 
Ansu/ BookNerdSue

Comments