Skip to main content

Review ~ Lady Midnight

Image result for lady midnight
 Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Pages: 698
Published Date: March 8th, 2016
Genre: YA Fantasy
Series: The Dark Artifices Trilogy #1

Those of you who are familiar with the Shadowhunter series, welcome -this is a perfect place to be at. If in case you have no idea what the heck I am talking about, then please kindly try your best to read the preceding series i.e. The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare before you dive into this beautiful book.

Just a recap of what the Shadowhunters are - Shadowhunters or the Nephilim are warriors who are appointed by the angel Raziel to control and preside over the demons on Earth.

So let's get started. This book has been sitting on my to-read list for the longest time and I finally got the book from a friend :bless: and I have finally read it! I have to say that I was being really stupid waiting to read it for so long! But hey, the much awaited series is kicked off to a start and it is amazing. Cassandra Clare has never stopped to amaze me with her writing style and I am so proud of her for growing into such an amazing author.

The book starts off with Kit - someone who has the sight and we have never heard of before until now. I was really confused as to why this person who we don't know anything about started this book but holy, why did I not make the connection as to who this person really is!

We have Emma and Julian who we have previously seen in the The Mortal Instruments and loved because they lost many people of their family. In this book, we get to know them a lot better and of course they will break our heart, what did you expect? It is indeed a Cassandra Clare book.
Julian is the love of my life thank you very much. He is someone who is so selfless that he does so many things from taking care of his little siblings and running everything and I cannot understand how one can love their family so unconditionally.
The family including Julian, the twins -Ty and Livvy, Dru and Tavvy will be the death of me.Each character is so unique to their abilities and I really appreciate each and every one of them.
We have more diverse characters like Mark and Kieran (who I was not a big fan of in this book). And of course one cannot forget to mention Cristina who is also a badass with a past which we don't know till the end of the book.

With the characters of Julian and Emma, it is pretty obvious that Julian is in love with Emma from the beginning, but them being parabatai will pose some problems in the future which we don't know if it can be rectified. The scene where Julian shows his artwork from the secret room to Emma was an enticing scene.

As we figure out the villain for this book to be someone none of us would have even thought of, even though there were some very subtle signs in the beginning of the book. That reveal really blew my mind. I never saw that part coming.

The final scene of the book where Emma has the 'talk' with Julian will break anyone's heart. I just could not hold in my emotions. I for sure can understand why Emma did it, but the way she is going to go about with situation with Mark (which is absolutely gross by the way) is indefinitely going to kill Julian.
In the epilogue I think we have a new villain who will probably try to resurrect Malcolm or will try to destroy the Blackthorns.

Overall, this book will keep you on your toes and will kill all of you.

Xoxo, Ansu. 

Comments