Skip to main content

Review ~ Rebel Spring

16000044
Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes
Pages: 401
Published Date: December 3rd, 2013
Genre: YA Fantasy
Series: Book 2 of the Falling Kingdoms series

Auranos has been defeated, and Cleo has been dethroned and imprisoned. Four brave people, who will win this war? Many are loved and hated. King Gaius starts to build a road to the Forbidden Mountains, connecting all of Mytica.
The Kindred is key.
***
This novel was so much better than the previous book that grazed this planet. I finally started liking some of the characters just a bit more. The writing style became slightly better as well.

The characters - Cleo is still quite annoying, even though she is imprisoned. I have to give her brownie points just for being adamant about getting her throne back. But I would love to see a book wherein she can physically stand up for herself, rather than saying "unhand me" all the time.
Magnus is still a cinnamon roll whose character is being developed and we can see peeks of his true self.
Lucia is passed out for the majority of the novel and Magnus is melancholic. He obviously still loves her in an odd fashion that I cannot wrap around my head.
Image result for no steve carell gifNic and the tragedy that is his life. My heart hurts for you, mate.

Jonas is likable but I don't want him to end up with Cleo or someone. The rebels are weak, in planning and executing things as well. Jonas hears or brings in these 'great' ideas which end up killing everyone. I wish for once he actually listens to others and stop being cocky. I am sure he could do great things as a rebel leader, but that attitude is not going to get you anywhere, Jonas.

Brion. We'll just leave it there. That was unnecessary. I really liked him and he deserved to be happy.

Overall, this was much better than the mess that was the first book.
Xoxo, Ansu.

Comments