Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ Ignite Me

13188676
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 421
Published Date: February 4th, 2014
Genre: Romance, Dystopian
Series: Yes, Final Installment - Book 3
Price: $12.50

This blogpost could have mild-major spoilers for the previous books in the series, be forewarned!

This is the final book in the Shatter Me trilogy and this is one of my favorite books in a very long time.
The Omega point is destroyed and now Juliette thinks everyone has died just like Warner thinks. She is destroyed because she lost her best friend, Kenji, and a ton of people she genuinely cared about. She has to trust one of the most unlikely person, who she used to despise!
He helps her to  start using her powers in a way that would hopefully save them all.

Read this thrilling novel to find out more and what happens to all the characters that we seemed to fall in love with. This novel is filled with a lot of drama, romance, and just a lot of cuteness!

***

First off, I really enjoyed this book thoroughly. Like the previous books this was also a very fast read and I flew through it in no time.Warner has to break the news to Juliette that all the people she ever learned to care about is dead, including her best friend. This cracks Juliette and she wants to make sure she avenges their deaths.She obviously has to join forces with Walter and make it through this whole process of being alone in the world.

The writing style is pretty much the same as the previous ones except this time, there is no rewriting words as she is much more stronger. It still has a poem effect to the novel which I really found refreshing and enjoyed thoroughly.

Character-wise, Juliette definitely improved she became much stronger and smarter, and started using her powers as well as she could possibly get to use them.
Warner has shown so many great traits which he already had shown in Fracture Me but in this novel he lets Juliette know of everything and obviously who wouldn't fall in love with that?
Adam's choices are obviously not justified and he is really mean throughout this book and he is quite irrational.
Kenji is still bae, let's make that very clear. If I had a friend like that. I would probably die.Kenji had some of the best dialogues as usual in this novel which made me burst out laughing for such a long time.
James is a lot more curious obviously and much more adorable and I just want to give him a giant hug. Okay? Okay.


*** Spoilers***
When Juliette finally realized that Warner was a good guy, she obviously had to fall in love with him. The only thing I didn't like about that is Tahereh really made Adam look like a monster. For telling Juliette that she was weak and treating her like so.
The scenes with Warner and Juliette together just made my heart melt all over again. Jesus.

I honestly just detested Adam in this book. He was being quite annoying behaving like he owned the rights to Juliette's life and love. I thought he would make a better couple with someone much more quieter than Juliette; and probably even a person who has ZERO self worth!

I was so glad that nobody died, it really was a pleasant surprise. I really expected James to just drop dead at any second; same with Warner and Kenji. It was heck of a lot stressful! But glad that no one we grew to love just ended up in the grave for now.

***End of spoilers***

I was really happy with this book. It has been a while since I genuinely enjoyed a book in a very long time.And I think this book series is actually going to be worth every penny and time of your life.
It has a lot of romance like I have been saying for the past books. The romance is very intense in this one, and if that makes you squirmy I don't know if this will be a perfect match for you.



Overall, I really enjoyed it, and I hope you do too.
Ansu/BookNerdSue
Xoxo




Comments