Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ Shopaholic to the Rescue

25809756Shopaholic to the Rescue
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Pages: 368
Published Date: October 27th, 2015
Genre: Chick lit, Contemporary romance
Series: Yes, book 8 (yes, you read that right)
Price: $33 (Hardcover)

*** I am finally back after a hectic month of university, I missed you all very much!***

This is the eighth book of the series and it was a bittersweet experience for me, because I was wondering how much longer Sophie would be dragging this series. I have to say it was a fun time and I enjoyed it better than the seventh book in this series. 
This series revolves around a woman who is *obviously* a shopaholic. She has a wonderful husband, (#goals) Luke, who is a very busy business man and a daughter named Minnie. In the previous installment we see that Becky's dad has left with Becky's best friend, Suze's husband, Tarkie on a trip to LA to 'take care of something'. 
In this book, we see that Becky and a bunch of people that is - Luke, Minnie, her mom, mom's best friend Janice, Suze, Alicia who is Becky's arch nemesis and Danny a fashion designer friend of Becky's who later joins them. They try to find where Becky's dad is and what he is up to. They have many theories as to what he is up to and let me tell you none of them are very good thoughts.

I do find Sophie's books to be a natural to get me out of any reading slumps that I may have at any time of the day. And this was no exception. 
I absolutely adore Luke and Becky together I think they are one of the greatest OTPs. And usually the friendship between Suze and Bex is to die for except I found that Suze was utterly annoying in this book up until half of the book. This is because of a revelation that happened in the previous book. I personally found that Suze was being completely unreasonable about the whole situation. And the fact that she was being all chum chums with Alicia really irked me and that was totally uncool. I mean, if my best friend does something like that to me, I feel like I would end up slapping some sense into her head. 

Janice is such an oddly fun character and she is quite paranoid about a lot of things and i found her to be the sweetest person supporting her best friend when she very well could have sidestepped it and not gone with Jane.

Not cool, girl!!!
Alicia is obviously the 'bitch-long-legs' we all know of and nothing has changed in this book either. I think her character was the most annoying thing in the book because Suze was being really close to her instead of leaning on Becky for support regarding the situation of Tarkie being missing.

Tarkie's character development is actually pretty awesome because he was used to leaning on people for support and now he is this macho guy and I loved it.

**Spoilers**
Plot-wise I was constantly wondering what was up with her dad and why he was doing the things he was doing,  and all of those questions were answered thankfully. I do wish I knew the kind of advice her dad gave Tarkie on their trip because damn I could use some of that advice to be honest with you all. 
Suze cheating on Tarkie was just shocking to me, I don't think it is quite easy to forgive a person who has cheated on you personally, but Tarkie was really understanding and forgave Suze.
Finally, the reason for her dad running away is clear and I think it was really sweet of him to do something like that for Brent who I don't even think was really that grateful but who knows.

I wish that Luke and his mom had reconciled and had a good conversation in the book but they are definitely talking and that is just awesome. I also wish Luke and Becky had a talk about another kid, because that was definitely bothering her.

All in all it was a fun read and it looked like this was the final book and I do think it was good enough ending to this sweet story. 

Overall, this series in general is really sweet!
Ansu/BookNerdSue


Comments