Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ Because of Miss Bridgerton

Author: Julia Quinn
Pages: 375
Published Date: March 29th, 2016
Genre: Historical Romance, Humor
Series: Yes, Book 1 of the Rokesbys series
Price: $9.99

I have to start saying that Julia Quinn was the second author I got into reading when I started off. Yes, I am quite aware that a child shouldn't have had anything to do with her novels but I stumbled across them through my friend. I enjoyed her writing style immensely and it was all set in the 1800s usually. The Bridgertons' series was one of my favorite things growing up (especially Colin in the books was just perfect)!

Billie Bridgerton is expected to marry one of the Rokesby brothers. The families were neighbors for ages and Billie was close with everyone of the kids except for the eldest. Love happens in the oddest ways one can imagine. Billie is certain that she hates George and he loathes her as well, but is that really true?  They literally stumble upon each other and seem to enjoy their company which in itself is an oddity. What happens later shocks the both of them immensely.

Gah! I love her novels okay? Okay. This literally kicked me out of my reading slump and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Billie is not a typical girly girl that one sees in this time period but instead she is a little tomboyish. She likes to ride horses, take care of the estate and basically not knit and arrange balls for others. She and George just seems to hate each other, but now *wink wink* do they? NOPE.
That was pretty obvious! In novels like this it is not quite a surprise but I just seem to be all gooey inside when I read about them.
George is not actually one of those fighter guys who went into war to serve his country because he is the oldest in the family and has to inherit the dukedom. But he is to die for as well, why are all these fictional characters so freaking perfect? This should be illegal!

Something happens to one of George's brothers Edward hmmm, I wonder what :3 Read the book you'll know. I don't know if he is okay, well I do but no spoilers huh? 
I honestly really liked the main characters quite a bit but I also genuinely loved Andrew who is George's other brother and I think he is really weird and absolutely adore him as well. 

It's just another one of those cute love stories I enjoyed, and if you are looking for a sweet way to get out of that reading slump, this might be good for you.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book 
Xoxo 
Ansu/BookNerdSue






Comments