Skip to main content

Fangirl Friday ~ Series I ain't gonna finish!

So this is definitely a little different but let's start!

I did try to read The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien a while back and found myself losing interest within 100 pages or so into the book. It felt like such a drag to me and I know a lot of people love his series The Lord of the Rings, but I just couldn't get myself to read the rest of the series.
(I do know that The Hobbit is technically a standalone but still).

Another series I lost interest after getting myself through the first book is Fallen series by Lauren Kate. While I really wanted to like this book, there seemed to be a lot happening and at the same time nothing at all. It didn't change my life drastically or feel like anything special AT ALL! Which in my opinion is such a disappointment in books.

I have read the first 3 books of the Divergent series and haven't gotten round to reading the last installment which is Four by Veronica Roth. I did like Divergent truly, Insurgent seemed to have the second book syndrome, and Allegiant just didn't meet my expectations which threw me off for Four. I would like to read it, but probably won't end up doing that!
These are just my opinions and this is what I felt like reading these books!
By all means, if you like these series I am glad that you did, but I just didn't love them too much to finish them.
BookNerdSue

Comments