Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ A Court of Thorns and Roses

16096824
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 416
Published Date: May 5th, 2015
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Series: Yes, Book 1
Price: $21 CAD - Hardcover
$13.99 CAD - Paperback

The story is in a way a retelling of the Beauty and the Beast. It revolves around the main character Feyre - who is a 19-year old huntress who fights for her family who is starving and ends up killing wolf. In retribution, a beast takes her away to a magical land. She obviously hates the faeries, but then she realizes who the beast was and the hatred turns into something of dry passion! 
There is something horribly wrong in the faerie lands, and it is in Feyre's hands to help the beast (Tamlin) and his kingdom or destroy it.

***

I was honestly afraid that Feyre would be like Celaena from Throne of Glass series, but she was nothing like her and I am so glad! Feyre is just one of those people you would have a world of respect for what all she sacrificed for her family I think that was very nice of her even though she didn't have much of a choice.
Tamlin seemed to be such a mystery because of his character and the fact that he was rude and nice at the same time.
The plot was slightly slow in the beginning but Sarah was trying to paint a new world and that was expected, but once we get through the first 50 or so pages, it is amazing!

Spoilers
Ooooohhhh lalaaaa! The romance!!! Feyre and Tamlin were just so good! I mean the part when this part happens
"He brought his lips to my ear. "I would have been gentle with you, though." I shuddered as I closed my eyes. Every inch of my body went taut as his words echoed through me. "I would have had you moaning my name throughout it all."
Jee-sus! I was squirming because I did not see that coming man.

Lucien is just a sarcastic faerie and I LOVE IT! His past where his brothers and father are being so mean to him made me wounded!
The fact that Feyre comes back for Tamlin made me cry for hours and when they were all gone from the mansion, yep waterfalls!
The 3 tasks she had to do were just horrifying, and she survived through all of them... I just can't!
The first one made me feel like puking I mean, how in the world did she get over that?
The second one because she was illiterate - oh dear - when Lucien was there and screaming at her to pick a lever I lost it! :( I am so glad Rhys was there for her!
And the final task ummmmmmm???? I expected it to be Alis and her nephews or her family, but NooooOOOOOoooOOOO IT WAS FREAKING TAMLIN! I can't! The torture that went through me!

How did she remember all those things when she was getting beat up? It goes beyond me. If I were put into that situation I would have died within the first 2 pages of the book and what and ending that would be eh?

The fact that she died, and I was just sitting there like "Sarah, you better not do this to me again" luckily for all of us, she survived and became a faerie which I just in the slightest saw coming.
 
Rhysand and Lucien are just 2 of my favorite people. But I feel like there can be a potential love triangle between Feyre, Tamlin and Rhys which bothers me beyond everything. 
And finally, what happened when Rhys looked at Feyre and saw something? That was the only part that hinted at another book coming out in this series!

END OF SPOILERS: I was just disappointed by the fact that there was waaaay too much romance and not that much action. 

Overall, I thought it was great! The feels attack was real and strong. 
If you do enjoy YA fantasy and just fluffy romance hun, you will LOVE THIS!
Xoxo, Ansu

Comments