Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ Queen Of Shadows

1800649625071003
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 648 glorious pages *sniffs* (hardcover)
Published Date: September 1st, 2015 (my birthday)
Genre: YA fantasy
Series: Yes, Throne of Glass #4

***Possible spoilers for the previous books in the series

Celaena has returned to Adarlan to fight against the source that killed or 'changed' her loved ones,
She came back to fight for her cousin, her good friend who is trapped in a 'prison'.
Celaena has embraced the fact that she is Queen of Terrasen and her identity as Aelin.
She is going to fight her people and whether she survives this fight is something to find out. Manon Blackbeak is also in this novel and it shows her struggle of whether to trust her loved ones or not.

***
Let's start shall we?
First, the fact that we can finally see Aelin the way she is supposed to be (the queen) is just absolutely fantastic.
The book had so many twists and I can't! The feels, the romance, the ACTION!!!
When Dorian's parts cam up in the novel, I had so many heartbreaks because come on, DORIAN! I love the guy and to see such distress in one of your favorite characters is just depressing! ***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*** But he came out of the situation thanks to Aelin and himself and I am just so happy about that! (Hopefully, Sarah doesn't decide to just kill him off because that would be really crude).
And then Manon happened, why did that scene with his dad and him and Manon make me think things? And the fact that she talked to Asterin about things and went to see him...
Seriously though I thought he was just going to die a billion times and it was not a fun thought to go through every single second through the book.
Moving on, Chaol... oh Chaol how I feel for you, you poor soul. living a life in which you think you lost your best friend is one of the worst things in the world and no one should go through that situation. And then the love thing ;) I am not going to say too too much because ahhhh I am dying that was just the sweetest thing towards the end, I really needed that.


Rowan - *sobs* why is he so perfect? I mean why???
***Spoiler*** He comes back to the queen and I spent some really good time crying. I know a lot of people hate the relation but I just had breathing problems throughout the entire time I was reading their part of the story, and when Rowan almost got killed near her and that scream, it was heartbreaking guys.
Finally, let's talk about Aedion!
His sarcasm gives me life and the fact that he gets so flustered near Lysandra as well, I am pretty sure they will end up together, at least I hope so.

Of course certain deaths in this novel was just brutal, especially the main 2 deaths... yes, people are brutally killed. READ THE BOOK!

Also, big shout-out to my friend Tamanna who thought it would be a good idea to make me think that people I loved in this book were going to die. That was very sweet of her. -.-

I cannot wait for the next book and it comes after months *cries*

Overall, just read it okay? Okay.
BookNerdSue

Comments