Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ Heir of Fire


Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 562 (Hardcover)
Published Date: September 2nd, 2014
Genre: YA Fantasy
Status: Book 3 of Throne of Glass Series

***

This book is the third installment in the series and was fairly enjoyable. I have to say when the book started off, it seemed ridiculously slow with the new POVs introduced.There were different people like Celaena, Chaol, Rowan, Manon, Dorian etc. who had a POV. While this was enjoyable at times having Manon's view of things just seemed annoying to me because I never really cared about her character.


I found it hard to get through the book until I was sucked into it and just couldn't let go of it for all those hours. I have to say around the last 200 pages of the book I was dragged into it for hours late into the night keeping away from my studies. 

The romance in the previous books are not as important this time and I really liked that element because I wanted the series to be more focused on the assassination/action etc.

*** SPOILER ALERT *** (Possible spoiler) Read only after you are done with the book!

The fact that Aelin's powers were just so epic were also enthralling to me. I adored Rowan for being such a mean person but we can see how nice  he can really be. His story was also quite a bit depressing and I was in constant fear that something bad could happen to him.
Chaol is in distress as to who he has to serve and he (finally) decides who he wants to,


Overall, this book is just pretty amazing if not a little slow at times.

BookNerdSue







Comments