Skip to main content

Bookish Monday ~ Fangirl

Author: Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 438
Published Date: September 10th, 2013
Genre: Young adult fiction
Status: Stand Alone

***
The novel talks about a girl Cath. She has a twin sister by the name of Wren (Catherine - Cath and Wren, get it?) Cath is a fangirl like a lot of us out here, but she is obsessed with Simon Snow. She basically writes fanfictions on this particular character, the book talks in depth of how she can't let go of this character whereas her sister seemed to move away from it. Their dad seems to be in a broken piece, and Cath is more worried about him than her mother. While Wren is ready to move on, Cath can't seem to let go so fast.


Personally, I wasn't the biggest fan of this novel. Just because I felt like I knew Simon more than I knew Cath which isn't what you want out of a book. A lot of people did enjoy this book immensely but sadly I wasn't one of them. The characters did not have that much of a depth to me. Also, the part where Simon was talked about just seemed too far-fetched (obviously, it is a fictional character in a fictional book (inception)).

Overall, I think the book could have been a great deal if it had more about Cath and her life.
It still is an enjoyable read.



Comments