Skip to main content

Review ~ Cress

13206828
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Pages: 550
Published Date: February 4th, 2014
Genre: YA, Sci-fi Fantasy
Series: Book 3 of The Lunar Chronicles series

By far this was my favorite book, probably of the year even. It was a beauty. the characters that were introduced in this installment was also just a treat to read. I ship Thorne with Cress so hard. When will he see her for the sweet person she really is?

Image result for crying gifI think I am repeating myself by saying that Thorne is the absolute best in the world. But Cress, who lives in isolation from everybody else made my heart break. All the times she expected to be taken away from the place, she was still left locked. When she thought that she was moving to Earth, she was left in this horrid little spaceship.

Marissa pokes fun at the idea of instalove in this book because Cress has all these expectations to what romance should be when it really is never supposed to be like that.
Image result for fangirl gif
When she finally gets out of the spaceship with Thorne! I was just really scared for the both of them to actually stay alive through it all. I mean who really knows, right? I was in love with Thorne, why not kill him? That would have been a joke. 

But all is well, or so we think.
They land in this desert place and Thorne can't see anymore??? How did that happen? I was confused about that. Did the debris get in his eyes and he can't see anymore! They are separated from the gang, and now Cress had to act like he was her husband to survive through everything that came their way. But oooh there were bad guys who hung out with them and acted as their friends.

This book just really killed me. It was absolutely perfect. I cannot wait to see how this series is going to end with the next book. I certainly cannot wait to get my hands on that one. I hope that it will be even better than this one.

Overall, just the easiest 5 stars that I have given out to any book.
Xoxo, Ansu.

Comments