Skip to main content

Review ~ Gathering Darkness

Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
Pages: 416
Published Date: December 9th, 2014
Genre: YA Fantasy
Series: Book 3 of the Falling Kingdoms series 

This is the third installment in the Falling Kingdoms series. Everyone wants the Kindred. The princesses, the king, the princes, the Watchers. All of them has different motives. Who will get them? Who will die? I guess we have to keep reading to figure that one out huh?
***

As we all know, this series was indeed hard for me to get into. Now that I have, gotten into it, holy shite! This book had a lot of elements in it that I absolutely loved. The world has been built in a way that I really enjoyed and the characters... let's talk about the characters shall we?

Image result for happy gifsWe have Magnus (of course I would start off with him), who I used to love and still do. He grew up as a character and his depth was clearly shown. How he tries so hard to be like his father (who is a piece of crap, I might add), but he still has that consciousness in him that what he or his father was doing was not right (that is killing people randomly out of nowhere). His 'love' for his sister has diminished a lot but we still see that there is a part of him that is slightly jealous of Alexius. But hey, the ending with Cleo gives me life. Can you guys get married already? Oh wait, you are. Now love each other please?

Cleo became a much more bearable character in this book. Her growth was also massive wherein she is not a brat who gets her way anymore, but tries really hard to get her throne back. Her relation with Jonas is throwing me, who does she end up with? Jonas or Magnus? Jonas and Lysandra I think would be perfect for each other as well.

Image result for devastated gifsFELIX! Oh my Felix, I wonder what ended up happening to him. Because he left, my heart was broken into bits and pieces. I hope that he will come back in the next book and rejoin the clan.

Nic being confused of whether he is straight or bi was a refresher. I never thought that a revelation could happen so suddenly. But I was totally shipping Prince Ashur with him. Wellllll, needless to say, that went drown the drain as well. Awesome.

The writing and plot twists were by far great with this one. I think this story has a lot more potential now. The world has been built. It is getting better by the page, and I cannot wait for the next one.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this one and would highly recommend it. From a 2.5 stars we are up here now!
Xoxo, Ansu.

Comments